Hi, I’m John Cobb
I’m a third year graduate student in the mathematics department at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I am supported by a DoD NDSEG Fellowship and am a current WISCIENCE Public Service Fellow. My current research interests lie somewhere in the intersection of homological algebra and algebraic geometry. In 2019, I received my B.S. from the Honors College of Charleston, where I was advised by Alex Kasman and Amy Langville. Details are in my CV.
Featured Courses and Organization
The DRP is a math mentoring program that pairs undergraduate students with graduate student mentors, for a semester-long independent study project.
- A beer featuring art about algebraic geometry research is now being sold in Madison. Check it out.
- I began my first year in the Mathematics PhD program at UW Madison.
- The College Today published an article on the Scott Ward Award.
- I won a DoD NDSEG Fellowship.
- The College Today published an article on the Quaternionic Soliton project.
- I won a Goldwater Scholarship.
|Jul 27–31, '20||WARTHOG 2020 (Infinite-dimensional methods in commutative algebra), University of Oregon|
|Apr 18–19, '20||CA+ Conference, Ames, IA|
|Jan 16–19, '19||Joint Mathematical Meetings, Baltimore, MA|