Hi, I’m John Cobb
I’m a fourth year PhD student in the mathematics department at the University of Wisconsin-Madison advised by both Daniel Erman and Michael Kemeny. I am supported by a DoD NDSEG Fellowship. Details are in my CV.
My research interests are within algebraic geometry and commutative algebra. Currently, I am studying things like geometric/homological perspectives on syzygies and moduli spaces of curves.
Featured Courses and Organization
Positivity in Algebraic Geometry is a textbook by Robert Lazarsfeld. This page organizes the Spring 2022 reading schedule.
The DRP is a math mentoring program that pairs undergraduate students with graduate student mentors, for a semester-long independent study project.
- A beer featuring art about algebraic geometry research that I helped design is now being sold in Madison. Check it out.
- I began my first year in the Mathematics PhD program at UW Madison.
- The College Today published an article on the Scott Ward Award.
- I won a DoD NDSEG Fellowship.
- The College Today published an article on the Quaternionic Soliton project.
- I won a Goldwater Scholarship.
|Jul 24–28, '22||NDSEG Fellows Conference, Boston, MA|
|May 23–27, '22||GAel XXIX, Université Paris-Saclay, Paris, France|
|May 16–20, '22||Géometrie Algébrique en l'honneur de Claire Voisin, Institut Henri Poincare, Paris, France|
|Apr 30–May 1, '22||CA+ Conference, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa|
|Apr 22–24, '22||Western Algebraic Geometry Symposium, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO|
|Oct 30, '21||CA+ Conference, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN|
|Jan 16–19, '19||Joint Mathematical Meetings, Baltimore, MA|